Rolexes have reached a resale value of 298%, and the high-end sneaker market has never been more competitive. Here's how you can make an investment with HypeDrop!
Worth around $24 billion, the luxury resale market is the most lucrative it's ever been. With individuals across the globe making a full-time and remote income from investments in fashion, jewellery and sneakers, the millennial appeal of buying and re-selling goods is expanding by the second.
In August 2020, the price of gold reached a ten year high, at $2,067.16 per ounce. Jordans, Dunks and Off-White sneakers are consistently selling for 10x and upward of their retail price, and the most sought-after Rolex models have reached a price peak. The re-sale market is one of opportunity, open to anyone who has the right resources.
On HypeDrop, our Mystery Boxes are packed with gold jewellery, luxury watches, renowned sneakers and so much more. If you're looking to make an investment, here's how HypeDrop can help you on your way!
The pre-owned luxury watch market is booming. In 2021, we spent an average of $1,600 more on re-sale wrist pieces than the year before. Searches for the term 'watch' have increased by 73% and the market itself is now expected to grow to $12 billion by 2025. The big four - Patek Philippe, Rolex, Audemars Piguet and Richard Mille - continue to produce limited inventory each year to ensure exclusivity. But scarcity isn't the only factor driving the rush.
Hype on social media, an expressed interest by the younger generation and the popularity of luxury resale sites are all responsible for the boom. Last year, luxury watch related content generated over 173 million views on TikTok, an all-time high for a platform largely made of younger viewers.
On HypeDrop, our selection of luxury watches is one of the biggest there is.
- In Hustler, you could unbox a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 41 for $157.69, with a current market price of $25,536.
- In Rose Gold, you could unbox a Patek Philippe Nautilus for $2,020.61, with a current market price of $240,051.
- And in Accessories Enthusiast, you could unbox a Audemars Piguet Royal Oak for $2,420.35, with a current market price of $373,947.
As with luxury watches, gold has peaked the interest of the younger generation. Slowly declining after a ten year high, its price currently sits at $1,838.25 per ounce, still one of the highest in the last decade. Though it doesn't hold the same value as watches on the luxury resale market, the investment is in the material itself. For years, gold has been one of the safest and most secure investment options available, often providing a potential for the largest profits. For example, an investment of $1,000 dollars in the 1980's would have seen an increase in value of over 500%
On HypeDrop, our selection of gold products is boundless.
- In Perfect Presents, you could unbox an 18kt Yellow Gold Bvlgari Ring for $102.57, with a current market price of $11,214.
- In Golden Boy, you could unbox a 1kg Apmex Gold Bar for $1,203.73, with a current market price of $64,743.
- And in London, you could unbox a Royal Oak Frosted 18kt Gold Audemars Piguet for $12,169.69, with a current market price of $940,000.
High-end sneakers have always been a hot commodity. Estimated to be worth $2 billion, the resale market is expected to reach $6 billion by 2025. How? Because sneakers are no longer just seen as 'shoes' - they're collectors art. When Virgil Abloh passed in November 2021, 'The Ten' hit their highest ever price, selling for no less than $5,000 a pair. Similarly, when Kobe Bryant passed in January 2020, several of his Nike sneakers skyrocketed, some by more than 500%. But it isn't just tragedy that leads to a soar in price.
In The RealReal's first Luxury Consignment Report of 2021, Nike saw double the resale gain of any other brand with a 32% increase. Jordans in particular are known to dominate the resale market. But Dunks and ongoing collaborations with brands like Sacai and Patta can be just as popular. From the 'glamourised Insta culture' of sneaker collecting to limited-number releases, there's plenty of reasons why the market has continued to soar.
On HypeDrop, our selection of high-end sneakers is one to be envious of.
- In Jordan 1, you could unbox the Jordan 1 x Fragment for $4.07, with the current market price starting at $1,730.
- In Nike Collabs, you could unbox the Dunk Low x Travis Scott for $74.72, with the current market price starting at $2,100.
- And in Nike, you could unbox the Off-White x Jordan 1 Chicago for $32.34, with the current market price starting at $6,180.
Luxury watches, gold products and high-end sneakers are only a few of the items booming on the premium market. And with no sign of their rush dying, the opportunities for an investment with HypeDrop are limitless.
Your investment starts today! Visit HypeDrop, and open a Mystery Box.